Welcome to the Food Access and Reclamation Model
The Experience of the F.A.R.M.
The Needs of Agriculture
Food deserts, food insecurity and urban farming have been depicted as a lack of equal access to equal food options. There is a new term like “food swamps” as a corporate response; not to the food problems but the access and demand problems that have not been answered. So as we begin to populate urban cities, we also begin to displace our food supply. Based on our population outpacing our nutritious food supply, many people’s physical and mental health are at risk!
The bigger picture
Improve Quality and Profitability!
The F.A.R.M. is the answer to the food access problems. The F.A.R.M. is a process improvement methodology that reduces product waste or service failure rates to near perfection through a disciplined and data-driven approach. Practitioners use data to monitor, control and improve operational performance. Incorporating our standard operating procedures eliminate and prevent defects in products and related processes, management, service delivery, design, production and customer satisfaction. The F.A.R.M. also helps eliminate redundancy and seven other wastes. They are:
Farming in harmony with the environment
Impact on Environment
The big advantage of indoor vertical farming is that it has less impact on the environment. Additionally, it can grow large amount of fresh produce in small areas. Vertical farming has tremendous environmental benefits which is not available in traditional farming.
- In vertical farming seasonality is not a factor; there is no risk of poor weather conditions or seed contamination
- As this farming needs very minimum water, it can be beneficial for drought-heavy regions
- No land needs to be plowed or changed
- No environmental issues that occur for clearing land for farming ( i.e., soil erosion, habitat loss)
- Vertical farming does not release any toxins into the ground
- May use solar / natural light instead of electricity
- Using High-efficiency LED lighting reduces power usage
- We are carbon free emission competitive (i.e., no fossil fuel tractors, )
- Free of Chemical fertilizers, pesticide and herbicide
- Nitrate-free produce
Become the next vertical farmer and
TRANSFORM YOUR COMMUNITY
We evaluate your needs and space and customize a design just for you. By using CAD we give you the most efficient lay out for your farm. Our specialty is offering turnkey systems. The F.A.R.M. will have you up and growing with everything you need. You become an Affiliate Farm and receive our ongoing contractual Maintenance support and training as needed for the life of your Vertical Farm.